Canadian Agriculture Safety Week - March 9-15, 2005
Safety is in the details!
CFA organizes an annual farm safety awareness campaign entitled Canadian Agricultural Safety Week. Each year, the Federation develops, distributes, and promotes educational materials aimed at helping Canadian farm families improve the safety of the farm. The theme for this year's campaign is Safety is in the details.
Feel free to use the following information to run an article, series of articles, or a feature page about farm safety in your newspaper during Canadian Agricultural Safety Week.
- News Release for Canadian Agricultural Safety Week
- Contacts for other farm safety organizations
- Canadian Agricultural Injury Surveillance Program (CAISP) report: Agricultural injuries and deaths in senior farmers
- CAISP Fast Facts
- Links to useful Farm Safety web sitesAdditional Farm Safety Educational Resources
- The Ron Vust story - Photo of Roy Vust
- Fact sheet: Seniors at Risk
- Fact sheet: Keeping in Touch
- Fact sheet: Machine Rollovers
- Fact sheet: Runover by unmanned machines
- Fact sheet: Falls
- Fact sheet: Hearing damage
- Fact sheet: Senior farmers consider hazards
- Fact Sheet: Farm safety analysis
For more information, please contact:
CFA Farm Safety Coordinator
Tel: (613) 731-7321