Canadian Agricultural Safety Week (CASW) • March 12 - 19, 2003
Farm Safety and Street Smarts
CFA organizes an annual farm safety awareness campaign entitled Canadian Agricultural Safety Week. Each year, the Federation develops, distributes, and promotes educational materials aimed at helping Canadian farm families improve the safety of the farm. The theme for this year's campaign is Farm Safety and Street Smarts.
Feel free to use the following information to run an article, series of articles, or a feature page about farm safety in your newspaper during Canadian Agricultural Safety Week.
- Letter of support from Bob Friesen, President of Canadian Federation of Agriculture President and Dr. Judy Guernsey, Chair of the Canadian Agricultural Safety Association
- News Release for Canadian Agricultural Safety Week
- Contacts for other farm safety organizations
- Report : Canadian Agricultural Injury Surveillance Program (CAISP)
- Links to useful Farm Safety web sites
Additional Farm Safety Educational Resources
This year's campaign features an emergency information tag to hang in the cabins of tractors, combines and other farm equipment. Contact Theresa Whelan-Ruitier for more details on this.
- Fact sheet: Traffic trends for Canadian farmers
- Fact sheet: See the symbols and know the functions
- Fact sheet: Rural Driving Needs Extra Attention
- Fact sheet: Driver Only - No Riders!
- Fact sheet: SMV Means Slow Moving Vehicle
- Fact sheet: Put Safety First When Towing Implements
- Fact sheet: Railway Safety: From farm to field and home again
- Fact sheet: How To Train A New Driver
- Fact sheet: Older Farmers at Greater Risk
- Fact sheet: Cell Phone Safety
- Fact sheet: Snowmobiling Safety
- Fact sheet: ATV Safety
For more information, please contact:
CFA Farm Safety Coordinator
Tel: (613) 731-7321